Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera Not Attaching to Main Camera

In my scene I have the main camera - it is tagged MainCamera and has AC's Main Camera script on it. I also have a camera called "Character Camera" which I am using with Opsive's Third Person Controller, and this camera has the Camera script on it.

I have this same setup in other scenes in my game, and there is no problem. However, for some reason in this particular scene, the Character Camera is not being attached to the main camera (It actually says Camera Attached: none on the main camera script in the inspector), and the actual Camera component is being disabled when gameplay begins. The Character Camera is actually functioning as it should, I can see it following the player around the map in scene view and it's transforms are updating, so I do not think it is related to Opsive's asset. Justin (the developer of TPC) suggested the issue is related to the execution order of the cameras controlled by Adventure Creator.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• If it works in other scenes, there must be something particular to this scene that's preventing it.  Does this occur both when you start the game from this scene, and transition to it?

Does it work if you manually run a Cutscene mid-scene that switches to the camera?  How are you currently switching to it, via your Scene Manager's "Default camera" field?  If so, try a Camera: Switch Action in your OnStart Cutscene.
  • Assigning it as the Scene Manager's Default Camera seems to have solved it. I forgot to check the Scene Manager and compare it to my other scene setups, I must have somehow come to the conclusion that was an optional step, assuming the camera would just work because it had the Camera script on it. Thanks again.