Forum rules - please read before posting.

Smooth character rescaling & direction change by ActionList

edited August 2014 in Engine development
Hey there,

we're working on a 2D game (using Sprites Unity as animation engine) and at one point it would be useful for us to change the scale of our character via a triggered ActionList. There is the Character: Change rendering -> Sprite scale setting, but that is only instantly. I would like to know if there is a way/workaround to get (triggered) smooth character re-scaling i didnt find yet, or else i would kindly request to add a transition time to Character: Change rendering -> Sprite scale and smooth it over that time (+ pause until finished ;) ).

And oh, i just remembered there's one other thing with Change rendering i noticed: The Character: Change rendering -> Sprite direction has no options for diagonal directions, even if the character has them.

Anyway, thanks for your great piece of software and enthusiasm, Chris.

Regards,
Julian

Comments

• Would you mind describing the circumstances for which you need such a feature?  There's a couple of ways to go about it, one more complex than the other, so I'd appreciate knowing the context as best I can.