Forum rules - please read before posting.

Walking Dead dialogue selection Direct input

Hi!

Is there a way to bind gamepad buttons to ACs dialoguelist choices, as seen in the walking dead games? I got the Dialogue options can be selected with number keys? checked and pressing numbers 1-3 seems to work correctly, but when I switch to direct input I can only scroll between the choices and select the choice selected with my submit button, I'd like to have my 360 gamepads X,A and B mapped directly the the dialoguelist 1, 2 and 3.. Is there a easy way to do this with AC menu or should I switch do Unity prefabs and make one myself?

Comments

• As well as enabling number keys, that option also allows for custom inputs to be mapped.  In your Settings Manager's Available inputs box, you should see DialogueOption[1-9] listed.  Create inputs in your Input Manager that link e.g. X to DialogueOption1, etc.
  • Ah sweet, thanks again Chris! I had done as you said before, but added the DialogueOption[1-9] as DialogueOption[1] etc in the Input Manager, as I thought this was the correct way to write it :/ DOH! Taking away the [] solved everything!