Forum rules - please read before posting.

Collision issue with Movable objects

2»

Comments

• So you already tried making your object's rigidbodies' detection Continuous?
  • Too hard in what way?  As in the door moves too slowly?
  • @Alverik Yes.

@ChrisIceBox Yes, the door moves too slowly.
  • edited February 2017
    I have recreated what I believe to be your problem, but so that there's no confusion - perhaps you should try recording a video that demonstrates the issue exactly.  While I still believe this to be a Unity physics issue, I shall see if there is another way around it.
  • For me at least, reducing the Fixed Timestep value by a factor of 10 (to 0.002) helps considerably.  It can be found in Unity's Time settings.
  • Reducing the mentioned value makes collision working perfectly, but in this case, the door moves too slowly as well.
  • edited February 2017
    Are you saying that the Fixed Timestep value has an effect on the speed of the door?  What about the bed?  Did you raise the Max speed value back up to what it was previously at?
  • I've found that there is some variation in the speed of draggable objects when the Fixed Timestep is altered manually.  I shall address these in AC's upcoming v1.56 release.
  • Yes, exactly. Yes, I am always reverting unwanted changes using GitHub Desktop with a remote repository hosted on GitLab.

Thank you so much! Let me know if there will be a quick fix!