Forum rules - please read before posting.

Text display issue

Hi all,

Can you help with the following issue?

When we display a text using the Dialogue Play speech action, the text is displayed strangely sometimes, because the text is cut horizontally and only a slice of it is shown.

Screenshots:
We experience the above issue under the following versions under 64bit Windows 10:
  • Unity 5.6.0b4 with Adventure Creator v1.55b
  • Unity 5.5.0 with Adventure Creator v1.55b
  • Unity 5.5.0 with Adventure Creator v1.51f
Thank you for all of your assistance in advance!

Comments

• This is not the default AC Subtitles Menu - you have changed the position, size, and font.  You must use the Menu Manager to select the Subtitles Menu and adjust the Size Y field so that it is large enough, and also for the DialogLine element inside it, which displays the actual text.
  • I don't know exactly what is considered as the default AC Subtitles Menu, but the Source is set to Adventure Creator.

Anyway the Sizes are set to Automatic. So I think it should always display properly.
  • edited January 2017
    By default, I mean the unmodified Subtitles Menu that is included with AC.

As the background for the Menu is invisible, it doesn't matter if the Size is set to Manual.  Set it to this and then change the size of it to suit.

Alternatively, switch to Unity UI.  It's better equipped to handle different amounts of text, and is easily configurable by editing the UI prefab.  Set the Source to Unity UI Prefab - is a Canvas prefab already attached?  If so, drag the canvas into your scene and modify it to suit.  Otherwise, you can copy the Subtitles Menu from the Demo_MenuManager into your own and use that.
  • I see.

The Manual setting is a great workaround. However I thought it should work properly with the Automatic setting.