Forum rules - please read before posting.

My cutscene won't fire immediately when I enter trigger

edited January 2017 in Technical Q&A
is it a bug? I will just stand to the trigger and it will fire like 2-3 seconds after

EDIT:
Also i got this warning whenever I enter the trigger, play my cutscene and switch my camera.

Look rotation viewing vector is zero
UnityEngine.Quaternion:LookRotation(Vector3, Vector3)
AC.Char:GetTargetRotation() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Char.cs:3175)
AC.UltimateFPSIntegration:OverrideMovement() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/UltimateFPSIntegration.cs:297)
AC.UltimateFPSIntegration:Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Static/UltimateFPSIntegration.cs:205)

The crazy behavior is that my FPSCamera (UFPS Player from the AC downloads) will always move its camera to the z axes(clockwise or counterclockwise), with speed of the transition of my custcene camera switch Fix for this is to cancel interactions on the cutscene

My only problem now is the trigger not firing immediately on enter

Comments

• What are the properties and contents of the Trigger?
  • edited January 2017
    I fixed it now Chris, though

There's a bug on the pause where it re-fires my action list all over again if I resume or press the menu key again

I have this AC menu named tutorial (Unity UI Source and Appear type: During Gameplay) and I attached an Actionlist(Run in Background) when turned ON "Player: Constrain" where it cant move, "Engine: wait" for a few seconds and then enabling movement again with "Player:Constrain". It's works as expected.

Then when I Pause and Resume, it will fire the action list again and again whenener I pause and resume. I didn't turn off and turn on my tutorial menu. Even I make another actionlist, it still fires all over again whatever actionlist I attached when paused and resumed.

Why its still firing the action list?

-------------

Also how do i restart my ActionList?

1. On an AC Scene (Level 1), The player quits using the quit on pause menu (switch scene to a  non AC scene).
    2. it'll go to my non AC scene which is my "Choose a level" scene.
    3. When I go click again that AC Scene (Level 1)
    4. ActionList that are executed before the player quits won't restart. The last actions where still the ones that were "triggered". The actionlist won't start again its action from the beginning.

I want to know if its a bug, or there are something that make it restart.

Sorry if I always clumped my questions, It's because it frustrates me, and needs to finish this
  • I apologise for your frustration, but please try to post as much detail as you can.  Screenshots are much better at describing complex issues like this, and can lead to faster resolve times.

The Menu ActionList is likely firing again because you've set the Menu's Appear type to During Gameplay.  This means that every time your game is paused, it will be turned off.  When the game is resumed, it will be turned back on, and the ActionList will be fired once more.

An ActionList that's set to run whenever a Menu is turned on or off should generally only take a frame to run - having an Engine: Wait in there could cause some problems.  I would instead recommend doing all of that in the same ActionList that turns on the Menu in the first place.  You can't "Turn on" a Menu that's set to appear during gameplay in the normal sense, but you can instead lock it when you don't want to show it - and unlock it with Menu: Change state.

As for the restarting ActionList, I have no idea of its contents, so I can't speak for it exactly - or attempt a recreation - but you can see which of AC's ActionLists are running at any time by checking List active ActionLists in Game window? at the bottom of the Settings Manager.  You can force-stop an ActionList by using the ActionList: Kill Action - that may be all that's needed here.  If not, please post some screenshots showing exactly what's going on, so that it can be looked into more thoroughly.