Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to add characters to the speech manager?

Hi,

I'm currently having an annoying problem on my project. Everytime a character says something with play speech, I get a debug message saying "Cannot find translation for "CharacterNameHere" because the text has not been added to the Speech Manager."

I wasn't having this problem until earlier today when I updated the game text. I only noticed it because the game starts to lag like crazy because of the the error.

When i try to filter my game text by "type: character" it appears to be empty. 
I guess I could solve this by adding my character to the speech manager but I don't know how to do it and haven't found it on google. I hope someone can put me on the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @murillokb.

The Speech Manager will add all that it needs to automatically when you click Gather text.  To view the entry in the Speech Manager, you need to filter by scene as well as by type.  However, in order to translate character names, you must write them explicitly in a NPC/Player Inspector's Speaker label field.

If you wish, you can remove the logs from the Console window by changing the Show logs in Console setting in the Settings Manager to Never.
  • Thank you very much, Chris!
    Writing the character's name in the Speaker label + another gather text solved it!
    The logs weren't really the problem, the problem was my fps droping really low as a result, which I don
    t think was caused by the logs (my pc is high end). Now it is working just fine. 

Thanks again, you are awesome :D