Forum rules - please read before posting.

Stop menu SavesList Slot click from closing Window

Unity: 5.5.0f
AC: 1.55c

---

I'm trying to create a confirm dialog for overwriting existing save games. I have disabled the "Save when click on?" option, and set up a custom ActionList to run when a slot is clicked.

However, whether or not there is an ActionList selected or not (None), the Save panel closes itself.  I haven't even saved. A blank ActionList will also produce the same results.

Is there a way I can prevent the Save window from closing? A design choice I'm going after is to have a layered menu system.

I already managed a work around for when the game DOES save, and I realise the Save panel closes so that the game can take a screenshot (otherwise the menu is also saved into the screenshot), and by design I want the save panel to come back AFTER the save (done through scripting).

I've done extensive Google searching through this forum, and haven't encountered anyone else with this issue.

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Technically, that's likely more of an oversight than a bug.  I'll look into it.

Closing for screenshots should be instantaneous, however - anything closed for that should be re-opened automatically afterwards.
  • Ahh, sorry. I wasn't reporting a bug, I was just wondering if there was a way to stop the Save window from turning itself off.

Even after a successful save, the window is turned off. My other menus are still there, that's fine. I just want the save window to come back up and stay up, so I can show the new save properly. (Like, SAVED!  overtop of the save slot.)

Guess I'll just roll with it, and turn the window back on myself, again. XD;;; Or something...
  • Like I said, I'll look into it.  I suspect I'll make a change in the next release: if you're opting to manually handle the saving/loading (i.e. Save when click on? is unchecked), then the Menu won't automatically be closed - and you'll have to do so via the ActionList after saving.