Forum rules - please read before posting.

Changing music from script?

edited February 2017 in Technical Q&A
I'm writing a middleware for Ink which handles the display of text and such in my game and would like to use AC to manage my music/sound stuffs (since it's been doing a great job so far in the rest of the game).

However - despite my best efforts I can't seem to figure out how to get at the Music object to tell it to play the track I want.  I've found it in the API and the function call is all set up and ready to go.  Documentation says there should be an entry for it in KickStarter - but I'm not finding it.

Anyone know where that object's reference is being stored? I'd look for it through GameObject since I assume there's only one Music object at a time - but that's a bit of a waste if there's a reference already and I just don't know where that is.

Comments

• edited February 2017
    The Music engine can be gotten using GetMusicEngine:

Music music = KickStarter.stateHandler.GetMusicEngine ();

I shall see about adding a KickStarter reference for consistency.

• Hey, if you can let us know about your progress with integrating Ink. :)
  • The actual integration's mostly done at this point - I'm just mucking around with getting all my UX and so forth done.

Navigation, choice selection, using tags to change the game's music/sounds, et cetera is all up and running.  Music is being sent through AC and I'm working on injecting Ink variables into AC so that I can save data from the runs in Ink back to the AdventureCreator portions of the game.