Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player walk over hotspots or through hotspots.

Hello,

I want to position a hotspot on a walkable area and I want the player to be able to walk through that hotspot. In order for the hotspot to work, it needs to be on the Default Layer. But when the Player tries to walk through that hotspot it detects a collision with the hotspot Polygon2D and just gets stuck in WalkMove. I don't want to make a Mesh Hole since that area is more like a stain you can walk over.

I am doing a 2D Sprite Game and I am using AdventureCreator 1.51g

My question is, how can I have an active hotspot and make the walk ignore that hotspot's collider?

Thanks.

Comments

• What movement method are you using?  A Hotspot shouldn't block movement by its Layer alone - if it's Collider has Is Trigger checked then it shouldn't affect movement.

However, you can set the Layer that active Hotspots are placed on by creating a new one (named e.g. "Hotspots") and entering that name into the Hotspot layer name field at the bottom of the Settings Manager.
  • Thanks alot for your comment. You are always very helpful and I appreciate that alot. Indeed setting the Collider to Is Trigger solved my problem.I don't know why I didn't think of that.