Forum rules - please read before posting.

Touchscreen AND mouse?

Hi,

This is a bit of an odd one but I am building a short tech demo and want to show people on pc / mac browsers but ALSO on ipad browsers and so need the touchscreen to work like a mouse.

Are there any settings / combos of settings that I can use to make the ipad work like a mouse so drag n drops / text skips and player movement.

Alternatively having a button to change to one or the other would be great but I can't work out how to do that as changing the input settings seems to stop it working on one platform or another! I could use a unity UI button for that though I think.

Thank you so much for your help!

Kris

Comments

• You can change the Input method in the Settings Manager (along with any other such field) at any time through a custom script (or custom Action) - just right-click on the field's label to copy the API reference to it to the text buffer.

You could run that when your game begins, after checking for the chosen platform, to set the input method directly.  You could just change it before building to the appropriate platform, however.

Alternatively, you can try checking Moving touch drags cursor? under the Settings Manager's Touch Screen settings panel.  This will cause the cursor on the touch-screen to by positioned by dragging a finger, rather than being directly wherever the user last touched.