Forum rules - please read before posting.

HotSpot trigger interference with Collision Detection

Hello,

Character has PlayMaker on it that detects Triggers and Collision events.

They are both very important for the game play, 

The issue I face now is due to the hotspot trigger (child object on the player), it interferes with the Collision detection, instead it causes it to be a Trigger event.

What is the best way around this? I of course would prefer to still have the hotspot detector... 

Trigger event appears to read the Players child objects thus the interference. 

Thank you.

Comments

• edited March 2017
    If you can't get your PlayMaker to discard the triggers (either via PM itself or by changing e.g. the Layer) you can move the Hotspot Detector to a separate GameObject (i.e. remove it from the Player's hierarchy).

You'll need to keep the Player prefab saved in the scene file so that you can assign the Hotspot Detector as a separate object, and will also need a simple custom script that transfers the position and rotation of the player to the detector each frame.
  • It worked by changing the layer on the HotSpot detector, I chose "Ground" as I didn't want another layer created, will this have any side effects?

Thank you for the substitute solution as well.
  • AC won't use that layer unless you tell it to, so there shouldn't be any side-effects for that - can't speak for PM or any other assets you may rely on, though.