Forum rules - please read before posting.

Still confused with Point and Click navigation + Unity Navigation

rvlrvl
edited March 2017 in Technical Q&A
At first everything was ok, until I made another zone in my scene for player to walk.

This is the project setup: Point and Click and Unity Navigation.

I added a NavMeshSegment witch has the Navigation Static enabled and I baked a new Navigation Mesh:

After character is teleported over the marker, is not moving anymore.

Comments

• I also tried to add a Floor object but no change. It's weird because I have the same settings as on the first part of my scene but does not work.
  • Where is the marker - inside the baked NavMesh?  Is the NavMeshSegment on the NavMesh layer when the game is running?

We will need to determine if this is an issue with the cursor, or the pathfinding.  To do this, create a Character: Move to point Action that moves the player to a new Marker on the other side of the lamppost (so that he'll have to visibly avoid it).  What happens when that Action is run?  Be sure to check both Pathfind? and Wait until finish?.
  • @ChrisIceBox
    I tried tie move to path... well simply teleport the player to the marker:
  • Uncheck Is skippable? in the Cutscene's properties - does that change anything?
  • well, the character is not teleporting anymore while moving to the second marker, but I can still move him after that.

the navmesh segments and the floors are on NavMesh layer
  • edited March 2017
    Have you created an input named "EndCutscene", and if so - what is it mapped to?

Did you mean you still can't move him after that?  If so, check that the distance between the camera and the NavMesh still falls within the NavMesh ray length value in your Settings Manager.

Generally, only one object in the same space should be on the NavMesh.  However, there should be some key difference between the section that's working vs the section that isn't.
  • EndCutscene is mapped to P (like in your tutorial)

the ray length is ok.

I cant find any diferences between the 2 portions od the map, BUT I noticed something strange. My player has a RigidBody. I added it when making the tutorials. Because of that, if you dont have a Collision box will fall through the floor as is expected.

BUT when I was working in the 2nd portion of the map I forgot to add a floor in the first place. I mean a collision box. The strange thing is that the Player was not falling through the map and no, the street meshes does not have any collision boxes.
  • The NavMeshSegment will also act as a floor for the player unless you check Ignore Collisions.

Try replacing your own Settings Manager with that of the 3D Demo's: Demo_SettingsManager.  If that makes no difference, you're going to have to PM me the scene file or something because we'll need to see exactly what's going on to resolve it.  Graphical assets shouldn't be necessary - though include the Managers and Player prefab with the scene, and place them all in a .unitypackage file.
  • PM sent. Thank you