Forum rules - please read before posting.

Crashing Unity

I have been using AC for years and created a dozen projects. All of a sudden today I could run any of them but when I Esc and Quit the whole screen freezes I have to end Unity 3d from the Task Manager. I have tried a number of things before going for help here, re install Unity and re install AC and this happens to every single project of mine. I even open the AC main scene 'Basement' and it runs but as soon as I Quit the Unity screen freezes.
I run Unity without AC and run one of their standard projects and I have no problem after quiting so it must be within AC

Comments

• If you quit in the Editor or a Build? Or both?
  • Sorry I don't understand. I run the scene of any project and the when I want it to finish  I press Esc and the standard Pause Menu-QuitButton  runs the QuitButton ActionList whicg does a QuitGame
  • Definitely running under the Editor, I never build my games since  I just use Unity/AC as  hobbyist
  • What version of Unity are you using?  It wouldn't have happened suddenly - something must have changed that stopped it from working.  Did you upgrade Unity recently?
  • Miraculously appeared and miraculously disappeared and I wished I knew how it happened because it could happen again someday. I did all kinds of things: formatting my Unity drive, reloading Unity and AC and using one of my backups which I have in a 2nd PC. This morning all my projects worked  as before
    :))