Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character Not Moving

Hello!

I am new to Adventure Creator and I am following the 2d tutorial. I am using my own sprites and animations.

I am currently trying to animate my player and for some reason when I play the game the character will not move.

When I play the game I get this notice from the console

"PlayerPrefs Key 'AC_CollectingStars_0' loaded

-> AC debug logger"

I am in point and click, all of my animations are working fine outside of game mode, my player is tagged player and has the player script, I have put in to correct names for my animations, my players child has the animator and the PlayerControler (animation controller) which has all of my animations in it. I currently only have animations for idle and walk, which are named Idle and Walk and they have the proper ends such as _U and _D. My PlayerControler and player are in the main folder for my game. I have tried using Root Motion on the animator and it changes nothing.

(I also have screenshots, but I can't figure out how to get them onto the form if anyone can tell me how to get them on here I would really appreciate it)

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @AlphaPsychO.

Images can't be uploaded to the forum directly, but you can host them easily on image-sharing sites such as imgur.com and their links pasted here.  Screens of your Scene and Settings Manager, as well as your NavMesh and Player Inspector will be useful for this issue.

The console message you're seeing is to be expected - it just means the Options data from your game has been successfully loaded in.

When working in 2D, be sure to have Root Motion unchecked in the Animator.  Are your animations playing (causing a "walking-on-the-spot" effect) when he tries to move?

It may be that your NavMesh is not set up correctly.  Have you created a NavMesh and assigned it as the default in your Scene Manager?

With this kind of issue, it could be that there's a fault with your character - or a fault with the scene setup.  To work out what's at fault, here's a couple of things to try:
    1. Place the 2D Demo's player character, Brain2D, into the scene (from /AdventureCreator/2D Demo/Resources) and run the game.  If it then works, there's an issue with your own player prefab.
    2. Run an ActionList that uses the Character: Move to point Action to have the player move somewhere in the scene without the use of point-and-click.  If it only works when Pathfind? is unchecked, there's an issue with your NavMesh.
  • I didn't have a NavMesh assigned to the scene manager. I didn't realize that I had to have one in order to have the character move.

Thank you!