Forum rules - please read before posting.

UWP Build

Hello All!

Has anyone got a UWP build to work? I'm using Unity 5.4.4p4, new project with Adventure Creator straight from the Asset Store 1.56d and I get the Unity Splash screen, but then a white screen, then nothing.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited March 2017
    I've humbly never done a Universal Windows App build. Have you made sure your projects run even without AC in them? I've seen some posts regarding the "steps" to build a UWP build and it gets pretty lengthy and annoying, lol. 

Here's a link that may be useful to know if you are thinking of doing UWP:

• Alverik:

Yeap. That is what I done first. I make a quick breakout game to work with the controller and it works just fine.

In fact, that's the link I used to install the UWP in the first place.

After I tested that my procedure to install a UWP worked, I created a new project, only installed AC and tried to make a build. 

The next step is to install 5.6.0F2 and turn on the Debug C# files since there is an issue with using it and it finding Playmaker "UnityNetworking" ( which I'm not using, but the way Unity parses the name for the DLL is a problem they fixed in 5.6.0 ) and hopefully having that turned on will gleam some more information.

Thanks.
  • Just a quick follow up.

Using IL2CPP and D3D at least got the UWP working on my computer of AC in Demo mode.

Now trying it on XBox One
  • Follow up:

Success! I have my game now running on XBox One!

Thanks Chris for such a wonderful plugin!
  • Photo?  Would love to see it!