Forum rules - please read before posting.

Crafting menu ingredient slots not clearing

Hi! 

I'm making a game wich relies heavily on the crafting menu. The thing is that when I put inventory items in the ingredient slots that are not related in any recipe, the ingredients go back to their inventory slots BUT they also remain in the ingredient slots until they are clicked. Once you click on them, the ingredient slots are cleared. 

Why is this happening? Can this behaviour be modified?

Thanks for everything; this asset is bringing me closer to creating some nice little game ^^

Comments

• also... is there any way to display a message if the recipe is not good? I can't figure out how to do it...
  • In which version of AC, and at what point do the ingredients to back to their inventory?  Do you recipes have Result is automatic? checked, or are you requiring the player to press the "Create" button?

Please provide as much detail as you can (screenshots if possible), so that we can succesfully recreate the issue.

As for the message, not currently, but I shall look into it.  It may be possible to add an "ActionList on fail recipe" field, or some kind of custom event.
  • Hi Chris! Thanks for replying.

It's updated to the latest version. I am requiring the player to press the "create" button. It seems that what remains of the items in the ingredients list if the recipe is wrong is just the inventory sprite, not the actual item. Once you click on any item in the inventory again, the ingredient slots are cleared. It's a strange behaviour, but I could live with that.

Yes, something like an "actionlist on fail recipe" field would be awesome!

Thanks Chris!
  • edited April 2017
    So it's as if the items have been removed, but the UI hasn't been updated?  If the recipe is wrong, pressing "Create" shouldn't have any effect.  Are you requiring the player to have specific amounts of each item / be in specific slots?  Again, please give as much detail as you can.

Consider such an ActionList in for the next release.  I suppose you could use an "actionlist on fail" to run an "Inventory: Crafting" Action to clear the recipe.
  • Hi Chris! Updated to 1.56f! Thanks for adding the "actionlist on fail" option! It really helps in my particular case ^^

The thing about the inventory not clearing is still an issue, but it's one I can't understand at all (not requiring any specific amount of items/ not in specific slots). This time I made an actionlist with the "clear recipe" action and made it run at "actionlist on fail". Well, it did the same: objects back to the inventory, but UI not updated. BUT THEN... I added a label saying "this actionlist works" and added a "show menu element" after the "clear recipe" instruction to see if the actionlist was running at all, and guess what... the ingredient slots clear out nicely now. Why this happens? I don't know. Problem solved anyway lol

I'll try and post a video of the problem, but I consider it solved with this workaround. 

Thanks a lot Chris, you're the man!