Forum rules - please read before posting.

Gameflow asset

Hi,

Has anyone used the Gameflow asset with Adventure Creator? It's an amazing visual scripting tool that looks much easier to use than Playmaker. Just wondering about compatibility.

Thanks!

Comments

• I had honestly never heard of that one. It does look pretty cool though. But I'm not entirely aware how it works to actually say if it'd work well with AC. Though, like Playmaker it would only be a matter of making Variables shared between the two and also the ability to run actionlists and such from inside GameFlow. Have you tried contacting the Author of GameFlow too? It'll probably be best to ask about this from both parties.
  • AC's Object: Call event and Object: Send message Actions can be used to trigger functions on other objects/scripts when run.

Similarly, the ActionList and ActionList scripts have an Interact() function that can be used to run them from an external script or third-party asset.

A more robust linking between the two would require some custom scripting, however, which the scripting guide can help with together with this guide to custom Actions and this one to custom events.
  • Thank you for both of you getting back to me about this! 

Thanks Chris, it looks like I will be able to use it with AC, though it may take some getting use to the work flow. I'll take a look at all the links you provided to see if I can put together something (though I'm not much of a coder). You've both given me an idea to contact the developer of Gameflow and see if he can create some custom scripting for a better link between the two!

I'll keep you posted.
  • Gameflow is nearly deprecated. It's no longer supported. I have it.