Forum rules - please read before posting.

NPC

Hi,
i made my NPC able to walk away when my Player comes close to my NPC. How can i make my NPC go to the original position again?
Thanks for help.

Comments

• Was the "walking away" done through an actionlist? Well the simplest way I can think of is that, when the NPC moves away, you could do an Engine: Wait for a few seconds, once that's done, you could do a Character: Move to Point, to make the character walk back to it's marker. You could also trigger the Character:Move to Point using an AC trigger, like when the player steps in certain area or gets to an area far way enough.
  • I made it through the checkbox in the NPC component of AC.
  • I made it through the checkbox in the NPC component of AC.

What do you mean, exactly?  Are you saying you found a workaround?

A Trigger that runs when the Player leaves its boundary would indeed be the best approach.  You could even have the NPC move to it's original position dynamically by first teleporting a dedicated Marker to the NPC's position before having the NPC move away - so that you can then have them move to the Marker's position instead of a pre-set destination.
  • Hi,
    i meant i had done the walking away via the NPC component. Isn't there a possibility to make my player avoid all NPCs in the scene. My player avoids all obstacles in the scene perfectly but always collides with NPCs even if i make my NPCs static. Isn' there a script to handle this?
    Thanks a lot.
  • In 2D, yes - the Navigation Mesh component has options for evading NPCs.

the same technique is not possible in 3D.  You can, however, make use of Unity's NavMeshAgent / Obstacle components - which you're already doing.
  • Hi,
    i use the Navmesh Obstacle component from unity and it works.
    Thanks again.