Forum rules - please read before posting.

Window looses focus after conversation

Once I select an option in a conversation, the game appears to loose focus, ie, I cannot move the cursor around with the mouse anymore, if I once click or right click, it begins to work again, but this is really awkward. This seems to be the only instance that it happens, is there a fix for this? I am using UFPS/AC. 

Comments

• In builds, or just the Editor?

As it could be UFPS-related, run a test scene without UFPS (Tin Pot can be used as a First Person player, too) and see if it occurs.  If not, then it's a UFPS issue.
  • Not sure about builds, only testing in editor at the moment. Is there any code in AC to give up or regrab focus? Whether it is UFPS or not it doesnt happen in UFPS, it only happens in UFPS when you select a conversation in AC, so its still AC too really. I dont mind hacking a line into AC or UFPS if thats what it is, I am gonna examine what happens after you select an entry in a conversation.
  • Looks like theres something centres the cursor after a conversation option is selected, that could potentially be it, but I cant quite find that bit of code.
  • Please see if it's occuring during builds, too.
  • OK will check that now.
  • Yes it happens in a build too, windowed and fullscreen ;-/
  • if I add "Screen.lockCursor = true;" to the top of Conversation.RunOption() it fixes it, totally forgot about that :-D
  • edited May 2017
    One weird thing is the conversation options move around the screen as I do (with WASD in ufps), its unrelated to the focus thing, but I would expect it to sit in the middle and not move..

EDIT: Fixed by setting it to "position centred" in the menu settings, SWEET. I dont think there is anything holding me back now :)