Forum rules - please read before posting.

Veil of Darkness

Hello!, I have this idea to make an adventure game with mechanics kind of similar to Veil of Darkness where it has some sort of very basic combat (is not hack slash nor rpg), that is, no experience points, no outfit slots, no powers nor magic, etc, Its mostly a health system and melee hit/kill with some weapon variation where some weapons can only kill specific creatures.

I'm no coder (that's quite alien to me) so I have been tinkering with the idea of turning the battle elements into a regular adventure game with drop item events with no combat, but I still got the yearning of having some form of combat action rather than an interactive cutscene which might make the game dull or too simple.

I was looking at Plygame, but I don't think that is quite compatible with Adventure Creator and their whole system seems to be a bit of a mess and I would rather have AC as the main app.

So anyone know if there Is an asset or assets compatible with Adventure Creator that handles the health and basic combat with some interactive enemy line of sight setup?.

Comments

• PlayMaker is a popular go-to asset for building game mechanics, and AC has an Action that can call PlayMaker FSMs, and is able to sync Global Variables between itself and PlayMaker.

If you want to rely on a separate asset for gameplay mechanics at any particular point, you can either switch to a non-AC scene, turn off AC through script (see the scripting guide's front page), or selectively-disable AC's various systems by using the Engine: Manage systems Action.
  • Thank you Chris, I was looking at the videos for playmaker and I think I'm chewing too much haha, I don't know why it's hard for me to go into too technical stuff :P

I'm going to re-think the game mechanics instead and see how I come up with a simpler solution to either simulate or avoid combat.