Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspots in vicinity and 2d collider in direct control problems

1) i am having problem configuring AC to  Hotspots in vicinity wiht 2dPlayer and direct control setup.

i mean i wanted to create a 2d game that use Controller and not mouse.
so i need a  Hotspots in vicinity.
i always encounter this worning:Both a Player and a Hotspot Detector on that Player are required for Hotspots to be detected by 'Player Vicinity'
even i set Circle collider 2d to trigger and added detect hotspot to it.

i read on site but there is only a tutorial for 3d character that are different from 2d one.

2) another problem i encounter is wile using boxcollider 2d to prevent character to go trought wall. because i read with direct control i cant use navmesh 2d.
but even with that my character ignore them. so no collision.

what i am doing wrong with both?

Comments

• edited May 2017
    1) The steps to enable hotspot-detection on a Player are the same for both 2D and 3D - only in 2D you use a 2D collider.

Your Circle Collider 2D with Detect Hotspots must be on a child object of the Player's sprite child, and assigned in the Player inspector.  At the bottom of the Player Inspector, you should see a field named "Hotspot detector child", which you will need to assign as this child object.

2) A NavMesh won't block collisions - for that, you must use Unity's colliders.  You can use your own 2D collider (BoxCollider2D, PolygonCollider2D etc) objects in your scene, or rely on the Collision Cube 2D prefab listed in the Scene Manager.

In both cases, you will also need to ensure your Player has a Rigidbody2D component.