Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity UI Inventory re-selects active item when left-clicking

Hey guys,

I've run into an issue when trying to deselect an item in the inventory using Unity's UI. With AC's inventory I can select an item and left-click again over the item's original inventory hotspot box and the active item will become deselected. This behavior is expected, however when using Unity's UI for an inventory, instead of deselecting the active item as described above the item gets deselected briefly and instantly gets selected again. This happens even with "Left-click deselects active item" in the Settings menu under Inventory settings.  I would like to be able to maintain the same behavior as the first case with Unity's UI as an inventory.

Any possible suggestions for this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• AC version number?

I can't recreate this issue with the default UI - could you try it on your end?  Assign all of the demo Managers, and in a new scene add the "Prop sword" item to your Inventory in your OnStart Cutscene.  Switch your Inventory Menu's Source to Unity Ui Prefab and try it there - it works as intended on my end.
  • Got it! For some reason when unchecking the option "Left click deselects active item" in the Settings menu it works as expected now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Chris!