Forum rules - please read before posting.

UFPS Item Dropper

UFPS has a script for dropping weapons/items, but it currently only works when the player dies. I'm wondering if Adventure Creator can help out in making a "drop current item" button?

The annoying thing about UFPS is that it allows you to have a limited inventory, but it has no built-in way of freeing up inventory space. :((

If AC had integration with RFPS, I'd be in heaven.

Comments

• If it were possible from outside UFPS, then all AC would be doing is calling a UFPS script function - this could be added in via a custom Action if so.  Does the script have a function within it that can be called to make it happen manually?
  • I don't think so actually - I saw a discussion of UFPS forums in which it's hard-coded for player death. Someone tried writing an edited version of Vp_Player Item Dropper but it never worked correctly.

I even tried with Inventory Pro, but even that doesn't allow you to drop UFPS weapons (unless that's just a bug with the demo). I may ask DevDog again when he returns from holiday, but that's not until the end of July.

So, as it is, I think it may be just out of reach of Adventure Creator.

• Sounds like it.  It would need be accessible without AC for AC to also be able to.
  • I was talking to the current UFPS developer and he said you could try & call this method:

TryDropCurrentWeapon();

I know we can specify method names with Object: Send Message actions, though I tried this as a quick test on a hotspot and something tells me this is not quite right...

• edited May 2017

Sorry, I just meant that doesn't work - nothing happens, so I'm obviously doing it wrong    :-B

I'll keep digging - it's probably something I should be doing with the UFPS Input script, actually.

• Make sure to remove the parenthesis from the method name (just use: TryDropCurrentWeapon). the parenthesis is not needed by the action (I assume, because it's taking a string name not a real method call). Also make sure the object to affect is the object with the script which has that specific method.
  • In the wise words of Alan Partridge: "JURASSIC PARK!"

This has now been solved. :D

Thanks @ChrisIceBox & @Alverik