Forum rules - please read before posting.

FP Camera Jitter

Hey all,

I've been working on a first person adventure game for a while now, and I only recently realized that when I focus on something and circle around it, there is a camera jitter.

I remember coming across this in another situation where we changed the Camera update to FixedUpdate and it fixed it, but I don't know if that's possible with AC's scripts.

The character is the First Person Template character used in the Tutorial, so I don't think it's anything I've done. Here's all the information I have.

A video of the jitter:

My character settings:

My First Person Camera Sensitivity is at 8 for X and Y. If anyone has any suggestions to resolve this they would be much appreciated! 

Thanks so much,
Josh

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Are you using the latest release?  There is a Free-aim acceleration option under "Movement settings" in the Settings Manager that may need to be played with.

It also depends on the various values in your Input Manager for the CursorHorizontal and CursorVertical axes: Gravity, Dead and Senstivity values of 0, 1, and 0.1 respectively work well for me - but could well be tweaked further.
  • Thanks Chris! I didn't even notice there were additional movement settings in the Game Editor! As always, you're a master to your craft!