Forum rules - please read before posting.

Quotation marks instead of blank space when importing CSV file

Hi,

I'm importing a CSV file for a language translation, but one thing I'm running into is I have close to 2000 hotspots in my game with a blank space for the label. This means the label field is not empty, I hit the spacebar in this field to prevent the name of the hotspot from showing. My game is a point and click Myst-like game so there are hotspots all over where I don't want labels to show.

When importing the CSV file these "blank space" hotspot fields for the new language show up as quotation marks " " instead of just blank space and as a result the quotation marks show up on all the hotspots where I'd rather there be just blank space. Example attached below, notice too that the Original text is correct here.

Is there a way to take out these quotation marks without going
through each line manually? I've got a couple more language translations
planned so I'd like to avoid having to do this multiple times...

Thanks!

Comments

• Looks like a bug.  I'll try to recreate it so that a fix can be issued.  AC version?
  • Thanks, Chris! I'm using AC 1.56.
  • Can't recreate, I'm afraid - and I can't see how this would occur.

Please try it in v1.57 (even in a duplicate project if you want to avoid upgrading for the moment).  If it's still occuring, please show screenshots of the Import Wizard window, and the raw CSV file's contents for the line in question (ID = 4791).
  • Thanks for looking into it, Chris. I did some more digging and the issue occurs when importing the CSV file to be edited, I'm using OpenOffice. Nothing to do with AC after all. I wasn't able to track down why it happens, but did a find and replace on the cells with the issues and fixed it that way.