Forum rules - please read before posting.

getting the coordinates of a scene Object

From a custom script I place in two AC.GlobalVariables the Z and Y coordinates of an Object I pickup with a Raycast.
Once back in AC I want to compare these coordinates (float variables) against a number of GameObjects (Quads) to see if they are identical and if so do something.

I don't see any actionLists that could read the coordinates of existing on-scene objects. 

Do you have any suggestion on how to do this.

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Hi @joesan,
    You might want to write your own custom Action.

Take a look at the section 12.3 - CUSTOM ACTIONS of the manual.

• Custom script or Action that goes through an array of GameObjects and compares their Z/Y co-ordinates with the variable values.

float storedZValue = AC.GlobalVariables.GetFloatValue (2);
    float storedYValue = AC.GlobalVariables.GetFloatValue (3);

Where 2 and 3 are example ID numbers of the Variables that store the Z and Y co-ordinates respectively.
  • I must have not exposed my question well enough.

I've been using AC.GlobalVariables dozens of times already and your suggestions are the ones I have done already. Let me repeat my question hoping it is clearer this time:

I already have in my scene the Z and Y variables that are set via a custom script as a result from a Raycast .
    Now I have in my scene  let's say 3 Cube Objects and I want to find out which Cube's Z and Y coordinates are equal to what I have brought  in the AC.GlobalVariables.

My question is then that I wanted to find out whether there is an ActionList that shows the coordinates of an Object like you have with, for instance, the Object:Transform which can set Scale, Translate, Rotate but what about Get the coordinates of an Object?

I could work it out using more custom scripts that would be not a problem but I don't have just 3 cube Objects but 132 of them you can imagine the difficulties then.
  • A custom script would be even more appropriate in that case.  An Action that checks the transform values of a single object would still need to be repeated for the number of objects you have to check, so if you have 132 of them to go through then a custom check is always going to be the better option.

My first suggestion still applies to your new explanation - a custom script could go through an array of objects (either defined manually or automatically generated e.g. by collecting all objects with a certain tag) and then compare each one's co-ordinates with the values stored as Global Variables.
  • Yes I agree. I have changed the approach to the problem thanks to "discovering" how to hit an Object  behind another with a Raycast so I can get the location of the object behind which is the one that being 'hidden' was now visible. Of course you know I am referring to Layouts.

I like your AC and would like to use only that but it makes sense that not everything can be done with it my problem is I am not yet experienced with c#...................  but getting there.
    Thanks.