Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotstpot behavior

Hi! I'm sure this has been asked before but i couldnt manage to find a thread so I'm creating my own.

I have a question on hotspot behavior.
My setup is "choose hotspot then interaction"
I'm also showing a hotspot texture thats set to display "only when highlighting"

Now.. I use hotspots with single use set to "Walk" where players move between cameras. The thing I would like to have is that on those specific hotspots there is no icon showing when highlighting.
I managed to achieve this by just removing the highlight object from the hotspot. However, this spams a warning to the debug which just doesnt feel very good..

"Cannot display correct Hotspot Icon alpha on toStartCam because it has no associated Highlight object."

Is there a way to get this behavior without the warning? Can i somehow supress the need for a highlight object somehow or is there a better way to create those single use clickable transitions between cameras?

Cheers!

Comments

• For most people, that message will be necessary to see.  However, you can control which of AC's logs are written to the Console via the bottom of the Settings Manager.

An alternative way would be to define a Highlight, but also a Centre point (override) Transform for the Hotspot - if you place the latter out of view, the icon won't be seen.
  • Hey!
    Not sure what you mean by most people needs to see that message?
    I didn't mean i wanted to ignore the message, just if there was a way to tell the hotspot that it won't need the highlight object.

I did do the centre point thing which worked fine. It just felt a bit like a nasty workaround :)
  • If it works, it works! :)