Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem with NPC follow path

Hello there

I'm using AC 1.57 and Unity 5.5.1f1 64b.

I have a cutscene in which, in one point, I want to have the main character surrounded by enemy soldiers (by 3). To this effect, I made 3 paths (in order to have more control as to how this soldiers approach the player), and made it so, in the middle of the cutscene, the three enemy NPC are made to follow the path (they teleport to the node zero and then run towards the second node). 

The issue: There is one soldier which, sometimes, doesn't advance through the path. He teleports to the beginning node, but he does not move from there. This happens, let say, one out of 3, 4 times. But it really ruins the cutscene when it does. 

Worth noting, it is always the same Path that fails. But in the inspector it looks completely equal to the other twp nodes. The enemy soldiers NPC are prefabs, so I don't think they could be the cause.

Here are some screenshots:

Here is the inspector for the path that malfunctions (same config that for the other paths).

The cutscene where it calls the FollowPath for the 3 soldiers

Soldier when the call works and he moves from node 0 to node 1.

Soldier when he teleports to node 0, but stays still there while the other soldiers are almost reaching their destination node (that empty blue path on the middle has nothing to do with this cutscene)-.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• edited June 2017
    I don't have any idea on your issue as I haven't used paths much, but it looks like your paths are just straight lines right? Would it be possible to use markers instead? Teleport (or instantiate) them at a start marker and then use character-Move to point to move them to another marker at their destination?

That may work instead if the paths are being unreliable. That's the way I always do things like this and haven't had an issue.
  • v1.57a fixed some issues related to Paths - please upgrade and see if that fixes the issue.

If not, does the Action hang when the issue occurs?  You can find this out by opening up the ActionList Editor window while it's running - the currently-running Action will be highlighted.
  • hightreason : Yeah i tried markers, but at the end paths seemed the best option for this particular scenario. The thing is that markers really mess up my scene (have too many already, and I would need 6 markers instead of the 3 paths). Also, with paths it is easier to see how the scene will unfold. Lastly, with markers I'd need one extra instrucction (teleport first, and then move).

ChrisIceBox : Ok, I'll try updating and then post how it goes.

Thanks to both!

• Fixed with update. Thanks a lot! (at the very least I have ran the game like 12 times and it has not showed. If it were to come back, I would port it here)