Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player char ignores NavMesh hole

Hi,

My player char goes right through the hole in the NaveMesh like it's not even there.
Here's a pic of the player standing right in the middle of the hole... (The player does have a 2D circle collider component which is positioned at the wheels of the wheelchair)

What am I missing?
Thanks

Comments

• Hm.  That doesnt actually look like a 'hole'.  Can you highlight the tablehole navmesh and upload an image of that?  It looks to me like you have created a complicated base NavMesh, but not actually created a seperate navmesh for the hole...
  • Here it is. The NavMesh2D is the white rectangle polygon. The tableHole is the green polygon.

• Yep.  thats a hole alright!
    Can your character go further up into the 'hole'?
    From the screenshot, it looks like you main character is at the edge of the hole.
    If thats the case, You might want to make the hole larger so that your character stops before getting to close.
    Your character's pivot point also looks to be a little below the actual character, which places the character a little above where you expect them to be.  You can custom set the pivot point to adjust this.

If you character is really ignoring the hole completely, then I'm not sure what to do next.  :(
  • Indeed, the first screenshot shoes him on the edge of the hole and not inside it.  Is he getting any closer inside it?
  • edited July 2017
    I've played some more with the shape/size of the hole and the player colliders and it seems to work better now. So I guess it really was just a matter of border sizes/shapes.
    Thanks you both for the feedback and suggestions.
     P.S.
    Just a suggestion - I would like to add the word 'SOLVED' to all the threads I've opened that have been solved to make it easier for Chris and anyone else trying to help. However it is impossible to edit older forum messages...