Forum rules - please read before posting.

creating a pop-up

Hi,
I have a box in the game, that when clicked upon I want to open a small pop-up of a close-up picture of the box. While this pop-up is open, I want all other hot spots on the same screen to be inactive. 
Also, I want to have a small 'X' button that will close the pop-up and reactivate all the hot spots.

Is there a way to achieve something like this with AC without coding?

Thanks

Comments

• You can totally achieve this using AC Menu options, but if you are a NOOB like me, it can take a while to get used to how Menus work.  Try looking up some tutorials.  I used this Diary Tutorial to get used to menus:  http://adventurecreator.org/tutorials/creating-diary-system
  • Thanks! :)
    I'll look in to it.
  • Indeed, the Menu system can aid in this.  If a Menu's Appear type is set to Manual, then you can use the Menu: Change state Action to turn it on and off in ActionLists.

The Engine: Manage systems Action can be used to disable Interactions (i.e. Hotspots) as the same time - best practice is to place these in your Menu's ActionList when turn on / off ActionList assets.

Close ups, with an "exit close-up" menu, are covered in the 3D game tutorial.
  • That great, I'll have a look into that and come back if I'm still not clear on the matter.
    Thanks!