Forum rules - please read before posting.

Previous Scene Remembers Camera

Hi, 

I'm using multiple cameras in one scene and I'm switching between the cameras as the game progress. I'm also using a custom action to switch to the previous scene with this, AC.KickStarter.sceneChanger.ChangeScene(AC.KickStarter.sceneChanger.previousSceneInfo, true);

Here's the problem, I would like to be able to switch back to a scene with the last used camera. However, every time I go back to the previous scene, the camera is not remembered even though I added a constant ID to all the cameras. Any ideas?

Comments

• The "last used" camera is not accounted for when switching scenes naturally (i.e. through gameplay as opposed to loading a save file).  Instead, the GameCamera associated with the appropriate PlayerStart is relied upon.

How many cameras are you talking about?  You could store the "exiting" camera's Constant ID number in a Local Integer Variable and retrieve it again once the scene is entered again.  It might be a bit cumbersome if you do it with AC's Actions, but if you're fine with custom Actions / scripting it should be quite simple:

To store the current camera ID in Local Variable 3:
    int currentCameraID = AC.KickStarter.mainCamera.attachedCamera.GetComponent <ConstantID>().constantID;
    AC.LocalVariables.SetIntegerValue (3, currentCameraID);

To then retrieve it and switch camera afterwards:
    int currentCameraID = AC.LocalVariables.GetIntegerValue (3);
    AC.GameCamera lastGameCamera = AC.Serializer.returnComponent <GameCamera> (currentCameraID);
    AC.KickStarter.mainCamera.SetGameCamera (lastGameCamera);