Forum rules - please read before posting.

Video Player instead of Animation

I need help again!
My project is a 2D game for iOS.

I do not have any character animations in my game, I am using videos instead. I have a 30 sec. video that should loop and depending on the actions there are 5 different video options. The videos are in H264.

I can not figure out how to set this up in my game. I have added a clip to the ´Video Player´ but it doesn't show on my screen, should I tag it - and to what?   

I am having truble setting this up and the (brilliant) tutorials I can find are all animation based.
I have tried to convert my 6 videos of 30-40 sec. to PNG´s but the file sizes get too big (A 17mb video is converted to 900mb PNG.)

Also is there a way to set the ´Video Player´ to randomizing between 3 videos? 

I hope this made sense...! I would really appreciate any ideas/advice someone might have.

Comments

• AC can play back Video Player components using the Engine: Play movie clip Action.  However, this Action does not affect display settings like Render Mode, so the Video Player component must be set up correctly beforehand.

If its set to its default value, Render Texture, you may find you have to set it to Camera Near Plane to display over your regular camera.  More information on how the Video Player works can be found in Unity's own documentation here.

If you're having trouble having it play in AC, I would recommend first creating a separate test scene that has no AC objects, and only your Video Player.  The Video Player component has a Play On Awake checkbox, that you can use to test video playback without the need for scripting / Actions.

To play one of three random videos, you will have to make 3 separate Video Players (one for each), and then use the Variable: Check random number Action to pick which one of three subsequent Engine: Play movie clip Actions is next run.  Be sure to use the ActionList Editor window for this, as you will be able to better visualise the connections between these Actions - see Section 5.2.3 of the Manual.