Forum rules - please read before posting.

Quick question about this Asset :)

Hi,

I am thinking about getting Adventure Creator for my point & click game. I just wanted to know, does this asset include an inventory system?
It's for a 2D Point and Click game on Unity. Inventory should include the following:

- Ability to make a 2D Inventory that appears on the upper part of the screen
- For Inventory to be "scrollable" from left to right, in case there are many inventory items
- To be able to click on certain items and have a zoom-in on that object
- Ability to not just use items on game objects but also to be able to combine certain items from inventory

Comments

• The short answer is: YES!  Adventure creator can do all of this.  
    But not all of it is automatic.  There is a bit of a learning curve to customizing the features of Adventure Creator, but its some powerful software and if you put the time into it, you can get it to do almost anything you want!
  • And to be fair, everything you asked except for the "zoom in" feature is pretty much a default feature in Adventure Creator.
  • edited September 2017
    Welcome to the community, @Fundata.

The default interface involves accessing inventory from the top of the screen, and comes with left/right scroll buttons if too many are displayed.  Items can be combined with one another, or run custom sequences (ActionLists) when either used or examined.  The whole interface can be customised as well.

Zooming on certain items might be a little tricky, but you could do it simply if turning on a Menu / Image graphic was enough by placing the "zoom graphics" in another Menu and calling the Menu: Change state Action to turn it on when the item is clicked.

For something more complex, you can also assign a GameObject prefab to each item, which you can refer to in custom scripts - should you require them.  However, that's a more advanced topic so I'd recommend getting to grips with what AC can do by itself before looking into that.

If you're completely new to AC, then you should start with the 2D game tutorial - which covers many topics that also apply to 3D games.
  • Hey,
    thank you so much for your prompt answers :-) it really helps.

And yeah, when I said 'Zoom' I didn't necessarily mean a special effect with a fancy zoom or anything. Could be as simple as opening a new Scene, with a close-up on that object. It could also be static, no need for a advanced feature of being able to rotate around the object, like sometimes seen in games.