Forum rules - please read before posting.

Video Player component and sprite mask

In my 2.5D game I have a monitor positioned a little in perspective and I would like to play a screen saver on it.
I have already recorded a short screen saver movie.
I tried to use a 2D sprite and a 3D plane by shaping them on the screen and attaching them the Video Player component.
The movie is displayed but the sprite or the plane have irregular edges.
So I tried to use the sprite mask in the same way as the 2.5D demo and the picture is perfect but by attaching to it the Video Player component the movie will not be displayed.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• Could you share some screenshots to illustrate the problem?  It's difficult to visualise.

I'd have thought, though, that you'd need to place a graphic (be it sprite or mesh) on top of the Video Player instead.  Masking isn't supported for Video Players - and that's a Unity component as well.
  • edited September 2017
    As a picture the problem is that when I resize and rotate both the sprite and the plane to align it to the monitor the edges become irregular.

The one in the picture is a plane but it does the same with a sprite.

I have also tried to draw a sprite by tracking the background monitor and its edges are perfect but when loading and positioning it its dimensions change and I have to modify it thus obtaining this bad result.

• I have solved for a moment with a workaround though it is not perfect.
    I painted the monitor background in black and I put the plane slightly smaller than the black background. The edges of the plane are always irregular but they can not be seen.

A question about your answer, I do not know if I understood well.
    Is it wrong to attach the Video Player component to a sprite or plane?

• I shouldn't think it should go on a Sprite, but that's not for me to say officially - refer to Unity's own documentation on it.