Forum rules - please read before posting.

Mixamo animations (again)

edited September 2017 in Technical Q&A
I have a problem that I can´t solve with Mixamo mecanim-animations. I have had this problem before but the things that made it work back then doesnt work now.

The characters animations and movement simply doesnt work.The characters animation will changefrom idle to walking fine when i press up/down/left/right but almost immediately the animation stops and the character doesnt move until after the animation stops.

I had this exact problem before and solved it by unchecking "Has exit time" in the animator-controller. This does nothing now.

I followed the tutorial and did it step by step 5 times, same problem. Tried unchecking "Apply root motion" and that makes the character move and the animations work but after "1m" the animation stops and character glides on the floor.

Don´t know if anything has changed in AC since I last used it a while ago or if it is something wrong with the animations but they seem to work fine, just that the character wont move correctly.

Latest Unity and AC versions

Comments

• edited September 2017
    Without having detail about the animations or the AC components involved it's difficult to give proper advice.

I would, however, recommend getting things working without AC first.  In a fresh scene, place your character on a Plane and remove the Player/NPC component.  Then at runtime, test the Animator by changing it's parameter values manually so that you can see how it affects animation.  You should also bear in mind that if animations are designed to use root motion, then Apply Root Motion is required - but that's a Unity issue rather than an AC one.