Forum rules - please read before posting.

Circle coolider work, but Circle collider 2D does not work.

Hi!

I am extremly new to both Unity and Adventure game creator, so I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question. 

When I make an NPC the hotspot does not work with the Circle collider 2D (I am making a 2D game), but if I delete it and change it to Circle collider it works and I can interact with the NPC. I am so new that I dont know what else information I should give. This is the same if I use the Character wizard. As long as it works with circle collider, will I be okay, or will it screw up everything later in the process?

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @inglov.

I'm not aware of any such "Circle Collider" (without the 2D).  When working in 2D, only 2D colliders should be used.

To make the NPC interactive, add a BoxCollider2D component onto the sprite child, so that it is always facing the camera correctly.  The CircleCollider2D is separate, and should be placed on the character's root object, where their feet are - while the BoxCollider2D should cover their body (the "clickable area").

If you're still having trouble, post some images of the character as they appear in the scene, their expanded Hierarchy, and their Inspectors of both the root object and the sprite child.  Images can't be hosted here, but can easily be shared from e.g. imgur.com