Forum rules - please read before posting.

inventory disabled style

Hello,

I would like to have the inventory bar disapear when dialogs happen or items are combined. Currently it diables it by setting an opacity of some sort. But I cant find where this is happening, I have my menu set to manual display. But still when launching a dialog system conversation or a cutscene I would like the inventory bar to totally disapear not just be disabled.

Thank you.
Best regards

Comments

• edited October 2017
    I was looking and apparently only the buttons get disabled..so thats not going to help my case.

I am now trying to set a menu so that when entering dialog it runs a ActionList to close the inventory menu, however cant find any that suits really dialog system lines for the "Appear type".. it looks like both "During converstion" and "When speech plays" appear types just don't get triggered..
  • The "During Gameplay" appear type will cause the Inventory to only show when in regular gameplay - AC Conversations excluded.

The Menu: Change state Action can be further used to lock a Menu, which prevents it from showing even when it's "Appear type" condition is met.

Are you referring to Dialogue System, as in the asset?  What is your Inventory Menu drawn with - Adventure Creator or Unity UI?  In both cases, the whole Menu should be disabled so I'm not clear on what you mean.  Please provide as much detail as you can, screenshots if possible, so that we can see what's going on.

• Hello,

Yes I mean dialog system the asset yes..sry for not making that clearer. and yes it is disabled, but I would actually like it to not display. since disabled still shows up and appears on top of the dialog sometimes..so I would actually like to totally remove it (actually hidden) when dialog is happening.
  • edited October 2017
    If you're looking to disable Dialogue System, then you'll have to contact that asset's author - I'm not in a position to give advice for another asset's behaviour.