Forum rules - please read before posting.

Reducing the size of the build (Sprites compression) and improving performance

Greetings,

I know this might not be AC directly related topic, but would like to know if there are tips to help me. I would like to have good quality spites with the min size possible, I am using Unity3D compression and I would like to know if there are better ways or settings for the compression? any suggestions and hints are welcomed?

I also noticed scenes takes aroud 30-40 seconds to load and would like know how to reduce the loading time? I mean for example is having a different animator controller for each scene, which includes only the animation needed for that scene, will reduce the loading time?
Is there a way to control what is loaded? ex: load only what is needed for a scene?

Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• This is indeed a more general Unity topic, but a number of tips specific to AC can be found in the "Performance and optimisation" chapter of the Manual.

I shouldn't think having multiple Animators (unless we're talking many) makes much difference, but disabling mipmaps unless necessary and packing sprites are two common ways of generally boosting performance.
  • Thank you for your reply.
    Yes the custom animations are many. This is am trying to figure a way to make Unity only loads the needed animation for a scene.
  • I would suggest searching the official Unity forums in that case, since that behaviour is all Unity, rather than AC.
  • Yeah that is true, the information in the "Performance and optimisation" chapter of the Manual is very helpful thank you.