Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera Zoom Transition?

I am struggling getting a smooth camera zoom.  When I first purchaced AC and made a tiny demo, when I clicked on a hotspot, the camera zoomed into it, then back out again.  I can not remember how I created that effect.  After reading the manual and trying to search this forum I have tried Camera: Switch but have had no luck no matter what Transition time and move method I try. 

To canfirm,
  • I am making a 2D game
  • I made a close up camera
  • I have tries adding a Camera: Switch action and the same from a cutscene object
  • I have tried tweaking transition time
  • I have tried chanding the move method

What am I missing?

Comments

• The steps look right, but you haven't described what you're getting instead - are you getting a transition that isn't smooth, or no transition at all?  For the smoothest transition, you'd want to rely on the "Animation Curve" method so that you can set the distance curve manually.
  • DOH! Appologies, The camera is just switching, there is no transition for me.

Do you mean the 'Custom Curve' method? That is just doing the same for me, simply switching to the next camera.

I have tried ticking and unticking 'Smooth transition out' and 'Wait until finish?', and have tried all 6 'Move Methods'
  • So it just snaps, then?

In which verion of AC?  The 2D Demo features multiple camera transitions - during the intro, and when talking to the bird.  Do they work correctly when you load up the 2D Managers + Park scene?
  • Hi.  I loaded the 2D demo managers and the camera still snaps from the default camera to the zoomed in camera.
  • Please answer questions fully so that we can more fully determine the cause of this issue.  We must first determine if this is an issue with your 2D Demo or not, so that we can isolate the cause.
  • Appologies.

AC Version: 1.60.2

Loaded 2D Managers (from the AC folder) and the Park scene: The demo works as I remember, the camera smoothly pans around when the bird flies off etc.

Using the settings for a cutscene action as the screenshot below.  Wanted a smooth transition from one camera to another, but it switches instantly.

I have tried other 'Move Method:' settings and 'Transition time:' numbers.

I have tried with my own managers loaded, and also with the 2D demo managers loaded and it is the same, the camera switches. 

I am presuming it is something I have done wrong as it does with same with mine/your managers.  If so, is there any details I can give you about my cameras or managers to see if I have set something up wrong?

• I have cross referenced my camera and cutscene settings between my scene and Park scene and can not see any differences.
  • I have figured this out.  For some reason the 'Main Camera (Script)' 'LookAt child' was not assigned.  Works fine now.

Thanks for your time and help.
  • No problem, thanks for the update.  I'll see if I can recreate the issue and improve things if there is no LookAt child assigned.