Forum rules - please read before posting.

Argument out of range exception

Hello.

For one of my projects, when I click on Speech on the AC Game Editor tab, the tab goes blank and I get the error below repeatedly.  I'm unable to do anything else and need to close down Unity and relaunch in order to get it to stop.  I have no idea what it means or how to fix it, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].get_Item (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:633)
AC.SpeechManager.LanguagesGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs:621)
AC.SpeechManager.ShowGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/SpeechManager.cs:331)
AC.AdventureCreator.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/Editor/AdventureCreator.cs:240)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Comments

• I should say that in two other projects I have, nothing out of the ordinary happens.
  • In what AC version?  A bug that caused an similar-sounding issue was quashed in the latest 1.60.2 update - try updating if not using the latest and see if it gets resolved.
  • Hi Chris.  I have the latest version.  I checked again and the problem is still there.
  • The line endings in your post do not match up with those in v1.60.2.  In your copy of SpeechManager.cs, what is written in line 621?
  • Hi Chris.  This is line 621:

languages[0] = EditorGUILayout.TextField ("Original language:", languages[0]);
  • edited November 2017
    That's not in v1.60.2, I'm afraid.  It should be:

SyncLanguageData ();

Try re-downloading and importing AC from the Asset Store.  Perhaps some of the files weren't imported.
  • I've only just managed to take another look at this.  I've only just realised that I have to re-import assets for each project, so it was just me being dumb.  Sorry.