Forum rules - please read before posting.

Asset Store Glitch?

Well, I've been loving it so far — thing is, I'm unable to update to the new version from the Asset Store.

When I look on my "Downloads" page, next to the title it says "1.45". When I click the "Release Notes", however, it says Version 1.60.2.
No button saying "Update" appears anywhere on the page.
That's on the Asset Store in Unity. What's even stranger is that if I go to the Asset Store in a web browser, Adventure Creator doesn't even appear in my downloads!

The only thing I can think of is that maybe Chris had a "cut-off" point for older users that keeps them from updating to the newer version unless they repurchase... if so, then whoops, sorry to bother everybody. :-\"

— Lurky

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Lurky.

Let me assure you that there is no such "cut-off" point - any user, regardless of time of purchase, can update to the latest release.  And if there is indeed a bug/glitch with the Asset Store, then it is an issue with Unity rather than AC.

What version of Unity are you using?  Be aware that AC did recently become available for 5.3.4+ only, so if you need to use an earlier release then you'll have to send me your invoice number and intended Unity version number so that I can prepare a separate download for you.

Otherwise, try downloading AC from its own Asset Store page, rather than the Downloads section.  If you still have no luck, then you may have to contact Unity themselves to get to the bottom of it.
  • edited November 2017
    Thanks! Happy to be here. :)

My version of Unity's About section is a bit weird, it says "Version 2017.2.0f3 Personal" instead of 5.something like you'd think it would.
    Maybe this glitch happened because I either didn't download it right or I didn't delete my older Unity versions or something.

I'll try downloading it again.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Downgrading from Unity 2017 to Unity 5.6 didn't help — I'll try contacting them about the issue.

— Lurky

• edited November 2017
    AC supports a range of Unity versions. And, the asset store always shows the earliest version an asset works with. That's why Chris mentioned it works with Unity 5.3.4 and beyond. But, Unity has recently changed their versioning conventions to use the year the version was released in, so version 2017.2 is the current latest stable version. Anyway, you may be in the right path, since there's a chance it's some conflict in settings with an older Unity you used to use or something. I guess you could try using a different PC in which you've never installed unity to verify. But, I Hope Unity support can give you a better idea of what may be the issue.

• Thanks Alverik!
    So far Unity 5 seems to work exactly like 2017.2 did.
    I'm still waiting to hear back from Unity's customer support, but I hope I do, because I think being on an old version is why Adventure Creator is unable to save games (there were also a few other errors when I imported it, but those were fixed by deleting some code).

— Lurky.
  • Turns out it was my fault — what a shock!
    I'd downloaded it on a different account than the one I was viewing it with. Switching accounts let me download the new version.
    D'oh!

— Lurky.