Forum rules - please read before posting.

Music queue empty after loading

edited November 2017 in Technical Q&A
Hi there,

I'm using the action 'Sound: Play Music' to manage the background music in my game, which consists of a single scene at the moment.

I either use the sub-actions 'Play' or 'Crossfade' with another song from the Music Storage tracks, and I'm reasonably sure there are no other 'Sound' script components that are using a 'Music' sound type in my whole scene.

My issue is that sometimes (not always), the background music doesn't resume or restart after loading a savegame.

Thing is, for the purpose of troubleshooting, I added a 'Resume last stopped' action at the end of my two loading action lists, just to be sure... and when I load, the console throws the following error:

Can't resume music - nothing in the queue!

So it seems there is some point in the save/load process where the current music track gets emptied (?).

Are there some steps I could take to further troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you.

Comments

• As the music is supposed to resume automatically, manually resuming it will throw things off so I'd say the Console message returned as misleading.

- In which versions of both AC and Unity?  If not the latest AC, please try updating.
    - When it breaks, is there a MusicEngine in your scene's Hierarchy?
    - Does it work if you don't change track?
    - Is there a difference between saves that have a track in the queue vs those that are already playing the last track?

Though it may seem random, there must be some key pattern to when it occurs.  If you can reproduce it consistently, we'll be able to address it quicker.