Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character switch between scenes

edited November 2017 in Technical Q&A
Hi
I have 2 characters ,i can swap with ui buttons and replace with npc with no problem but i want to be able to swap characters between 2 scenes!(1 character in a scene and another character in another scene)
I have no problem when i'm in the same scene!
Changing scene and play the character where i left him in the other scene
Tried a lot of things...but now im lost :) Help!
Thank you!

Comments

• It should be possible just by setting the Player: Switch Action's New Player position option to Appear In Other Scene, then specificing which new scene to place them in.  Have you tried that, and if so, what was the result?
  • Ok so i've tried the new player appear in other scene but it doesn't replace the npc in the scene i move and it makes me wait : i can't move them after the character appear in the other scene,im just stuck
    I ve tried to put a "player switch: replace with npc" after the "appear in other scene" but it doesn't work too...Ive make a variable on my onload cutscene too but it docent work too...
  • You're going to have to elaborate - at what point does it "make you wait"?  If you're referring to gameplay becoming blocked, try checking "List active ActionLists in Game window?" at the bottom of the Settings Manager to find out what's running.

What versions of AC are you running?  Currently you can't replace the old player with an NPC if the new one is in another scene, but I shall look into it.  It should still be possible with OnStart / OnLoad cutscenes, however - but bear in mind that OnLoad is only used when restoring save game files.
  • Thank for your answer ...We have removed One player and its easier ;)