Forum rules - please read before posting.

reset scene

edited November 2017 in Technical Q&A
How to use reset scene like when you click a button it restarts that scene you were playing because the scene resets but the buttons menu is left and inventory don't come up, it just doesn't reset the scene to its original state

Comments

• Please elaborate - you need to explain what you've done so far.  What is the "buttons" menu you're referring to.

The Engine: End game Action can be used to reset the scene, but this will reset the state of the scene - not the state of your menus etc.  You'll need to add additional Actions to turn on/off Menus as necessary.

Alternatively, you can try making an Autosave when the scene begins.  Create an OnStart Cutscene, and check Autosave after? in it's properties.  Then when you want to load it, use the Save: Save or load Action.
  • I just needed to reset scene I don't know how much more info I can give you except you click on a button and this is meant to restart the scene not restart game, you were playing. Restart game starts the whole game but I want to just restart the current scene I was playing so doesn't reset scene does this.
  • I'm asking for information because I don't know what you've achieved so far.  Do you have a button already in place and just need help with restarting the scene, or do you need help creating the button as well?

The Engine: End game Action can be used to reset the scene, not just the game - just change the Command field.

Loading from an autosave as I describe above will also restore the inventory etc.
  • Sorry I worked it out by using the Save: Save or Load command.