Forum rules - please read before posting.

Disable swipe activation of arrow prompts

Is this possible? I'm using touch screen for this. Also, is moveable_drag usable in touch screen? I tried it but dragging the draggable object didn't work, it worked on pc builds though. Thanks

Comments

• edited December 2017
    Setting the Arrow Prompt's Input type to Click Only should prevent swiping.

There shouldn't be a restriction with draggables on touch screen.  What are your Input and Movement methods set to?  Does it work in the Editor, and in what way specifically does it not work in builds?
  • It doesn't work in the editor too. Input method is Touch screen and the movement method is none. The game doesn't have a character (it's an escape game) and I use no character movement. The Arrow Prompt is okay now thanks a lot! :)
  • When I'm trying to drag it in the editor it only shows the icon of the hotspot then when I click it the icon at dragging doesn't appear and it also doesn't appear to drag the object so the object doesn't move entirely
  • Does it works in the Editor if you set the Input method back to Mouse And Keyboard?

Hotspots are separate from draggables, and should only be used on the same object to display labels when hovering over them (with no interaction).  Try removing the Hotspot component, or unchecking Activate Hotspots with double-tap? in the Settings Manager.  The default behaviour of Hotspots on Touch Screen is to require two taps - one to highlight it / show the label, a second to actually interact.  It may be that it's conflicting.
  • Yes it works if it is set back to mouse and keyboard. I'll try what you said, sorry for the trouble :(
  • I tried that but it still doesn't work. I also tried remaking the draggable while in touchscreen mode but it still doesn't work and works again after returning to mouse and keyboard mode. :(
  • The Physics Demo works just fine for me when testing Touch Screen input in the Editor.  Try downloading it and see if it's the same for you.  If not, it may be a Unity version issue - in which case, which version are you using?
  • Version 2017.1.0f3 I will try that and update you, thanks!