Forum rules - please read before posting.

Upgraded to latest AC, now game will not run

edited December 2017 in Technical Q&A
I just upgraded to the latest AC and the Latest unity a few minutes ago - when I try to run the game all it does is show a black screen in the game window and unity activates the "pause".
The managers have been set up as I normally have to do again manually after an update - I have not experienced that it shows black screen before nor "pauses" when after I press run.
I can't seem to figure out what is causing this.
Any idea how to solve this?

PS. I'm not getting any errors

Comments

• Please be more specific about your Unity version - with patch, beta releases etc, it's important to know exactly which one you mean.

Did you update AC and Unity at the same time?  What if you revert back to the previous Unity version (but same AC)?

Check List active ActionLists in Game window? at the bottom of the Settings Manager - that will show the current game state (and reason for it) so that you can confirm it's paused / in a cutscene.  If it shows that the game is in the "Gameplay" state, but nothing shows up, it might be that the camera is not fading out for some reason - in which case try unsetting the "Fade texture" in the MainCamera Inspector.

It'll also be important to determine if this affects only your project or the demo games - try loading up the 3D Demo game Managers + scene (both can be done automatically from the top toolbar) and see if it behaves.