Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change the examine interaction cursor?

Hi,

I'd like to have two separate interactions on my hotspot with two different cursor icons when the mouse is hovered over the hotspot. I'm able to change the cursor for the use interaction, but how can I change the cursor for the examine interaction?

Comments

• What's your Interaction method, Context Sensitive?  I'm assuming you're referring to the "Side by side" option when a Hotspot has both a Use and Examine interaction defined.

You could potentially change the "Examine icon" as defined in the Cursor Manager when over a given Hotspot.  Any Manager field can be changed through script, and its API reference can be copied by right-clicking its field.  In the case of the "Examine icon" field, it's:

AC.KickStarter.cursorManager.lookCursor_ID

This is an integer variable, which refers to the ID number of the cursor icon (see the "Icon ID" field above each defined icon).  To change it when over a Hotspot, use the OnHotspotSelect custom event.

One way you could do it is to create an array of Hotspots for which a new icon is assigned: http://pasteall.org/791435/csharp

Paste that code into a new C# script named HotspotEventTest, add it to your scene and configure it.  You can extend/amend if necessary, but it'll show you one way to do it.

For more on custom events, see the Manual.