Forum rules - please read before posting.

"No player found"

Hi there again. :)

Still getting my head around the very basics, I´m struggling since hours. I already tried to solve it by looking up the manual and via google research, but so far to no avail.

I set the wizard to create a 2D-game in first-person mode. All I want to understand for now is how to create a hotspot, click on it in the game to then switch to another scene. I already created 2 scenes and they´re also listed in the 'Build settings. As an 'Action type' I set the scene to switch to the other scene.

After having created that hotspot I click it ... and nothing happens.

The console tells me "No player found" and "Cannot set first-person camera because no player can be found". From there on I am clueless. 

Help highly appreciated, thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• I now set the 'Movement method' to "None". The console then tells me "Player Start2D has no Camera on Start".

(To basically clarify what I am going for: Sort of an Escape Game, working with pictures and hotspots within them) 
  • If you're game is in 2D, then it's only "first person" in effect.  The "First Person" movement option is for 3D first-person games, so "None" is indeed the right option in this case.

You will need to define a Default PlayerStart and Default Camera in your Scene Manager - these can be done by clicking the "Create" button to the right of the fields at the top of the Scene Manager.  The latest release removes the "Default Camera" field when no "Default PlayerStart" is present, which is the case for "None" movement style - but I'll address this shortly in the next update.  Apologies for the confusion.