Forum rules - please read before posting.

Game works diferent on pc Build

Hi guys i am using AC 1.59 and Unity 2017.2.0f3 and i am running into a strange problem, some days ago the game works diferent from editor and build.

Example i have a Action List what makes to a NPC perform several Actions, and it skips some, dont play some animations, dont wait the correct time, some times even walk on reverse, and really i dont have an idea what can be causing this error.

I try updating but then everyting loses, my hotspots even when they are in the scene, i can no use it in game, and my main character dont play any animation, so i just reverse all my changes.

so can someone help me here please?

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @platinio.

Did you upgrade from a previous Unity version?  AC introduced fixes to compatibility issues with 2017.2 in v1.59e and v1.59f - so if you're using v1.59 it's not guaranteed to work correctly.

As this kind of issue hasn't been reported before, you'll have to provide more detail in your descriptions - both with the original problem, and your attempts to update.  What are the exact sequences of Actions that are problematic, and when do they run?  Any screenshots you can post on e.g. imgur.com will help.

However, the first thing to try is to succesfully update AC.

When you update, what exactly is happening to the Hotspots?  Bear in mind that if you've updated the original AC prefabs (e.g. /AdventureCreator/Prefabs/Logic/Hotspot), then those changes will be reverted when you update unless you uncheck the "Prefabs" folder in Unity's package import window.

It's also very important to be aware that after an update, you must re-assign your game's Managers - or don't import the /AdventureCreator/Resources/References asset file.  Otherwise, your game will rely on the 3D Demo's managers, so will not behave as expected.

For more details on this, see the "Updating Adventure Creator" chapter of the Manual.
  • H aigan, ok i update AC as the docs says, no reimporting the resources folder, my hotspots are in place and all works, except for my player animation loses, anyway that is no the main problem.

So after update the game works on editor, but aigan no work the same in build, and made the same exact problems as using the previus version of AC.

to help you identify this problem i made a video 

please let me know what to do
  • Please post screenshots of the NPC's full Inspector (both the root and the sprite child) and Animator window.  Also, find the log file from the build to see if any issue is being reported:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html